At Rae's Candles and Scents, it is my responsibility and the responsibility of my volunteers to serve our customers with their best interest at heart. Therefore, I, Kellyanne Hale, Owner, along with my volunteers make the following commitment to our customers:
1. Rae's Candles and Scents, LLC, is a DRUG FREE business.
2. Respect all customers regardless of their age, gender, race, national origin, sexual orientation, and religion.
3. Respect all customers by listening to my customers requests, keep my agreements, being on time with orders, and do my best to meet the customer's needs.
4. Maintain Professionalism at all times. This includes no sexual misconduct, conduct unbecoming of a business professional, disrespect, argumentative, inappropriate humor, and favoritism.
5. Customer information, their orders, will only be between myself, volunteers and the customer and follow the Privacy Act of 1974 The only exception are under circumstances required by Arizona State Laws.
6. Use of email addresses and telephone numbers will only be used to inform customers on upcoming craft shows, business sales, and information regarding Rae's Candles and Scents, LLC only. Customer information will not be sent to any 3rd Party company or used in any advertisement.
7. Perform only services in which I'm qualified and capable.
8. Charge a fair price for my products.
9. Be honest about products, how they are made, and how the customer can maintain safety of the product.
10. Stay current with information and techniques by reading and reviewing media.
11. Adhere to Arizona State regulations, licensing, and laws to maintain a Home/Small Business.
12. Have Business License, Policies, and Ethics posted for customer view.
13. Keep home store clean and presentable.
1. Rae's Candles and Scents has the right to deny services to customers that do not comply with policies, pose a threat to the owner and other customers, theft, intoxication, and causing disruption to occupants in the home (due to this being an actual in home business).
2. Make sure Rae's Candles and Scents has your updated information. If we cannot get a hold of you, products made will be up for resale.
1. When sending an order, the order will be completed within a week, depending on the volume of orders collected. Owner will provide an estimate of when the order will be completed.
2. Buyer has within five (5) days of invoice being sent to pay the invoice (whether online or in person). [It is up to the buyer to look for the invoice in the email and/or junk mail.] After the five (5) days grace period, if the invoice is still unpaid, a cancelled invoice will be sent and items will be open for resale.
3. If an invoice has been paid but buyer does not pick up the product after five (5) days of payment, a refund will be sent and the products will be open for resale.
1. Re-waxing is a service provided for containers/glassware from my business only. Owner will decide based on the size of the container/glassware the fee of this service. Price range of $3-9.
2. The Processing Orders guidelines will also apply here.
1. There is a 3 day grace period on pillar candles only. You must bring the candle back for review and the owner will decide if a new candle will be made or a discount given.
There is no domestic or international shipping/delivery available.
From time to time, Rae's Candles and Scents may need to make a substitution for a raw material or finished good. Rae's Candles and Scents reserves the right to substitute a component of similar value, purpose and quality for a product or component that has changed. These substitutions will not affect the quality of any of our products. These substitutions may result in a difference between the specifications of the final product and those included on the webpage or other Rae's Candles and Scents publications.
At Rae's Candles and Scents, we take safety seriously. Please follow these guidelines to burn candles safely. Please also note: Rae's Candles and Scents is not responsible for any damage done by the candle in which the buyer has purchased. Once the product has left the store (store/craft fair/event), it is up to the buyer to follow safety guidelines in order prevent damage to their home or any other establishment.
Trim the wick to ¼ inch each time before burning. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning, dripping or flaring.
Always use a candleholder specifically designed for candle use. It should be heat resistant, sturdy, and large enough to contain any drips or melted wax.
Burn candles in a well-ventilated room.
Place the candleholder on a stable, heat-resistant surface. This will also help prevent possible heat damage to counters and table surfaces and prevent glass containers from cracking or breaking.
Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
Avoid drafts, vents or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, sooting, and excessive dripping.
Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations on burn time and proper use.
Never touch or move a burning candle. Never move a votive or container candle when the wax is liquefied.
Don’t burn a candle all the way down. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 2 inches of wax remains (1/2 inch if in a container).
Place burning candles at least three inches apart from one another. This is to make sure they don’t melt one another, or create their own drafts that will cause the candles to burn improperly.
Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts before re-lighting.
Always keep the candle within your sight. If you are going to leave the room, be sure to first blow out all candles.
Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room. Don’t burn too many candles in a small room or in a “tight” home where air exchange is limited.
Never use a candle as a night light.
Be very careful if using candles during a power outage. Flashlights and other battery-powered lights are safer sources of light during a power failure. Never use a candle during a power outage to look for things in a closet, or when fueling equipment – such as a lantern or kerosene heater.
Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc.
Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Do not place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets or anyone else.
Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle. It’s the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.
Never use water to extinguish a candle. Water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might break a glass container.
Make sure the candle is completely out and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.
Don’t touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.
Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass holder. It might scratch, weaken, or cause the glass to break upon subsequent use.